Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Franchise Supports its Owners Every Step of the Way
Opening a franchise is no simple feat, and it can be even more challenging without the support from the franchisor. Because the franchisee/franchisor relationship is a unique one in that the two are often operating in different cities, it’s important for potential franchisees to know they will still have active support, regardless of how many miles away they may be.
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit franchise makes it a seamless process by providing support for its franchisees from day one. Once an individual completes the short request form, the Dickey’s team offers assistance for every step on the path to Dickey’s Franchise ownership and beyond.
“We’ve been franchising our barbecue business for over 25 years, so we know a thing or two about how the opening process goes,” Roland Dickey, CEO of Dickey’s Barbecue Capital Group. “For new franchisees and even for existing franchisees, opening a new location can be as stressful as it is exciting at times. That’s why we lend a helping hand each step of the way to make sure all of our franchisees have a frictionless and unforgettable grand opening experience. Then, once they’re operating, we offer continuous support in several different areas, because when you’re a franchisee, you’re a part of something special – the Dickey’s Franchise family.”
Here are five ways Dickey’s Franchise helps support Owner/Operators when they open a location:
- Site selection. Dickey’s has a variety of franchise options ranging from traditional models like a brick-and-mortar with a drive-thru to nontraditional models such as food trucks and convenience stores. The Texas-style barbecue brand recently added virtual kitchens to its nontraditional model lineup, offering a fast-tracked and more affordable option for franchisees. After finding the right franchise option, franchisees can work with Dickey’s real estate team to choose the best site for their location and assist in lease comparison and negotiations.
- Construction. Once a franchisee has selected the perfect site, a construction manager will oversee all aspects of site construction. Dickey’s BBQ Franchise will be there throughout the entire process to ensure each new location is up to its high standards.
- Barbecue University. The world’s largest BBQ franchise knows how to make training easy. Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Franchisees learn the tricks of the barbecue business with three weeks of classroom-style training and hands-on training in a real Dickey’s restaurant. The barbecue brand even invested in upgrading its program to an online platform – Barbecue University Online – that encourages engagement through a rewards-based system and includes more in-depth courses on a variety of topics.
- Hiring. After successfully completing Barbecue University, it’s time to hire talented individuals to join the team in preparation of the grand opening. Dickey’s Franchise equips Owners/Operators with the right tools to recruit a top-notch team of Pit Masters, Managers, and Pit Crew team members to help get ready to serve delicious, slow-smoked, Texas-style barbecue to the community.
- Grand opening. Ahead of the big day, a Dickey’s field marketing team will provide guidance to help build buzz and anticipation around the grand opening through strategic local store marketing, advertising, and public relations efforts. On grand opening day, the operations team assists with boots-on-the-ground support to guarantee the opening goes smoothly, and your Dickey’s BBQ franchise reviews are 5 stars across the board.
The support doesn’t just stop once a new location opens. The BBQ brand has several avenues for providing support for franchisees after opening. With specific advisory boards run by committees of franchisees across the country that provide insight and communication on important business functions, as well as a franchise relations team, hotline number and online ticketing system that gives franchisees direct access to the Dickey’s team, Owner/Operators always have options to reach out for help.
To learn more about Dickey’s ongoing franchise support, visit franchise.dickeys.com/why-dickeys/franchise-support/.